Some Things To Know About Ryan - By Ryan

In Prague, Czech Republic

My family moved around a lot when I was a kid due to my father’s employment.  My life began in Omaha, Nebraska followed by an in-state move to Lincoln.  Then we were off to Kansas City, Kansas.  After only 9 months in Kansas we headed down to Birmingham, Alabama for a couple of years.  Finally, we moved to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in Texas when I was about 10 years old.  Once in Texas we stayed in Texas.  All in all I attended 5 different elementary schools.

Texas is now home to me although most of my extended family lives in Utah.  I have lots of memories of loading up in the family station wagon and driving across the country each summer to visit grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

When I was 19 years old I served a two year mission for my church – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – in Utah.  In many ways this experience and my faith in general have defined who I am.  I really liked Utah and decided to return there for school at BYU.  My final year at BYU is when Amanda and I started dating.  But that story is told in another section…

Fast forward to today and I am happily married to the best person in the world.  I also have a great job at BNSF Railway where I have worked for about 8 years now.


Some of my hobbies and interests include hiking, scuba diving, wildlife watching, sports, listening to audio books, running, games, gardening, and travel.


My first Father's Day as a dad

Hiking in Waimea Canyon, Kauai, Hawaii

On a dive boat in Lake Superior


In Denali National Park (in Alaska) - There's a dall sheep off to the right,
in case you didn't notice



At the BYU vs OU football game at the new Cowboys Stadium
BYU won - Go Cougs!


Reading books with Abby Girl


A little jog along the coast at La Push Beach in Washington


Playing a round of mini golf as we waited for our movies to start at the drive-in



Having a good time at Brazos Bend State Park - watching some alligators

Best buddies